Janet Wilson – Integrative Psychotherapist (MBACP) – All ages
I work psychotherapeutically and creatively to improve emotional well-being, using an integrative model that is humanistic, person-centred and draws on neuroscience and attachment theory.
I currently offer individual psychotherapy and counselling sessions for children, young people and adults, services for schools and colleges, and parent support sessions. I am fully insured and a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have an enhanced DBS and receive regular clinical supervision in line with BACP guidelines.
- MA Integrative Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy (Institute for the Arts in Therapy and Education, University of East London)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling
- Post-Graduate Certificate in the Therapeutic Arts (Institute for the Arts in Therapy and Education, University of East London)
- BA (Hons) Degree
Additional training at The Child Centre for Mental Health in London, BACP, PESI and Gloucestershire Counselling Service:
- Therapeutic Conversations to Change Children’s Lives
- Helping Children with Traumatic Life Transitions, Losses and Separations
- Working with Children and Young People who have Experienced Sexual or Physical Abuse
- CBT Techniques with Children and Teenagers
- Suicide and self-harm: working safely and ethically with clients at risk
- The Body and Social Media
- Internal Family Systems Therapy: Step‐by‐Step Procedures for Healing Traumatic Wounds and Alleviating Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, Addiction, and More
Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling
Using a person-centred, attachment model, I help my young clients regulate their feelings, shifting to a better mental state, building self-awareness, self-confidence and resilience. From difficult experiences, such as exam pressure, bullying, identity issues, sickness, bereavement and parental separation, to overwhelming issues, such as anxiety, depression, OCD, ASD, panic attacks, phobias, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, eating disorders, school refusal.
Child Psychotherapy and Counselling
I can help children with a range of issues, including:
- General anxiety
- Autistic spectrum condition
- Separation anxiety
- School refusal
- Sleeping problems
- Behavioural issues
- Difficulties at school
- Big life events such as separation, divorce and bereavement
Early intervention is key. I use creative media, such as drawing, sand trays, puppets, movement, drama and clay, in a fun and playful way.
You may be going through a particular difficulty at the moment and the safe, non-judgemental, empathic support of a counsellor could help you explore what is happening in your life, so that some insight may emerge to enrich your future. Or perhaps you would simply like the opportunity to know yourself better and find greater fulfilment.
- 50-minute weekly sessions
- Face-to-face or on-line
- Short-term or long-term work (minimum of 6 sessions).
- £60 per therapy or parent support/review session
My practice is situated in Wotton-Under-Edge, in Gloucestershire. Please contact me by email or using the form on my website for further information. I offer a free initial 30-minute online or telephone consultation so that we can explore options.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org web: https://janetwilsoncounselling.co.uk